Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This was a triumph...

So the grades are in. Three B’s and an A. This was a shock to me, because in one of my classes I was actually afraid I might get a D. I guess I did better on that final than I realized. That, or the prof was feeling exceptionally generous. Either way, it’s over. I officially am done with graduate school. I am the Master. I can fly through time matching wits with the Doctor.

I've written numerous times that this has been a long, hard road, and I'll refrain from further expunging upon that here. Instead, let me simply say:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GRADUATED!!! I AM BRILLIANT!!!!! I AM A GENIUS!!!! I AM AN ACADEMIC JUGGERNAUT!!!!! IT'S OVER AND I NEVER HAVE TO SUFFER ANOTHER SEMESTER OF SCHOOL AGAIN!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!

*ahem* Excuse me.

Now, I was planning on jumping straight into the job hunt, but a certain… opportunity has come my way that I can’t really bring myself to pass up. Andrea Wimberly, in conference with her fine and upstanding husband, has decided to give me a little graduation present. They’re flying me to Europe for half the summer.

A small, responsible part of me thinks it would be wiser to stay stateside and focus on the job hunt, but seeing as this will probably be the last time until I retire that I find myself with the time and opportunity to just traipse around Europe for weeks at a time, I’ve decided to take them up on their generous offer. Life will be waiting for me when I get back. On June 22nd.

So, basically, I'll see you guys in a month and a half, I'm off to freaking Europe.

Andrea and Carl, you guys rock. I hope someday I can repay the favor.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and have fun in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Europe is a big place boyo, wherabouts are you actually going?

    ReplyDelete