Friday, March 27, 2009

Sham-OW!!!!

The potential awesomeness and suckitude of the new OnLive console is summed up rather well by Tim Buckely of CtrlAltDel, and anything I can say on the subject would be redundant. My only comment is this: I TOTALLY had this idea ten years ago!

I signed up to be on the Beta tester list, so if I get picked, I may actually have a review for it this summer. I see great potential, but until I see it overcome its inevitable hurdles (lag, cultural resistance, server availability), it will remain just that, potential. All the same, I applaud Mr. Perlman and all the folks over there for, if nothing else, innovating and coming up with a new way to bring the industry to people. I wish them the best of luck in finding a new and creative way for me to nurse my addiction.

In other news, I'm back from St Louis, and trapped once again in dreary, rainy, bibley Kansas. I've got two days to myself before I go back to school, at which point I have a marketing test and a project due in my Auditing class. Next weekend I'll be away in Omaha for the BAP regionals. When I return, I will have tests in every class that isn't testing me this week.

Also, my computer died last night. I wasn't even touching it at the time, I was looking at the TV when the box just powered off. When I powered it back up, I couldn't get it off the loading screen. So I did what most people in this situation would do: I panicked, and tried random solutions hoping something would work. turns out the random solution that ultimately "worked" was three full system restores, so now my hard drive is completely wiped. I've lost all my school documents, 8 gigs or so of music, and my novel. I don't even own Microsoft Office anymore- I have a trial version of Office 2003, and that's it. So yeah, that sucks.

But speaking of things that aren't depressing at all, has everyone seen this? Turns out that Vince Shlomi, a.k.a. TV's the ShamWOW guy, got in a fight with a hooker. There are mug shots. It looks like the hooker won.

On perhaps an abrupt closing note, I recently realized that I can legitimately sign any of my blog posts as follows:

this has been...

-BS

1 comment:

  1. You did come up with that idea, I remember. Also, why you no follow my blog?

    ReplyDelete